Hair extensions offer endless easy styling options for parties, proms, weddings, or just everyday. They are a fun way to change up your look, protect your hair, try a new hair color, and more. Hair extensions are a popular tool in many of the hottest looks on Pinterest and Instagram today.
Here are 7 reasons to wear hair extensions.
1. Hair Extensions Make Party Hair Easy
Whether you’re braiding or doing a bun, hair extensions simply give you more hair to work with when you’re trying to style for a party. YouTuber MissAlex shows how easy it is to style your hair into a high ponytail using extensions, a simple, classic look for both casual and formal get-togethers.
- Brush through your hair to get rid of any tangles.
- Straighten your hair, focusing on the ends, to make sure it looks streamlined.
- Take the top part of your hair and clip it on top of your head.
- Gently back comb the bottom section to give the extensions a bit of texture and added depth.
- Once all of the extensions are in, brush through your hair again.
- For added volume you can back comb all of your hair, starting at the crown. After you do that, you can brush it down to make sure it doesn’t look too frizzy.
- Begin gathering your hair in a sweeping motion starting just above your ear. Tie it with a clear elastic.
- If you want, you can also fluff it up a bit with a comb or make it look even sleeker by going over it again with your straightener.
The finished result is a ponytail that is high, swingy, and just the right level of messy.
High Ponytail with Extensions Hair Tutorial!
2. Hair Extensions Are Perfect For Short, Fine Hair
Hair extensions are a genius fix for short, fine hair because they look completely natural. If you’re waiting for your hair to grow out, extensions can help you skip the awkward in-between phase if you are wanting to go from dramatically short to ultralong.
Or, if you just want a change from your blunt-cut bob, extensions can add variety to your hair look.
3. Hair Extensions Can Protect Your Hair
If you dry and straighten your hair every day, you might be used to seeing a lot of hair on the bathroom floor. Hair extensions let you take a break from using heat tools on your hair, which can cause hair damage.
4. Hair Extensions Let You Try A New Hair Color
So you want to do the unicorn hair look without completely committing to dyeing your entire head. Or you’re a teenager who wants to have purple hair without your parents seeing red. Hair extensions are a great way to temporarily try a new, wilder hair color. This is a great option for darker hair, too, since unicorn-colored hair extensions don’t require you to bleach your hair beforehand.
5. Hair Extensions Work On All Hair Types
Hair extensions are great for every hair type and skin color – anyone who is looking to change their hair up.
6. Hair Extensions Can Fix A Bad Hair Day
We all have them: busy days when you wake up late and don’t have time to wash and style your hair. Hair extensions can make your hair look full and clean on those days, especially if your hair is prone to getting greasy when you don’t wash it.
Or if you’re experiencing a sudden hair emergency, like a bad dye job or bad haircut, extensions can be your fix while you figure things out.
7. Hair Extensions Are Safe
Clip-in extensions are a safe and effective way to get full, sexy hair. A common myth is that hair extensions cause hair breakage, but the reality is that, since you take your hair extensions out when you go to bed, you will not be causing unnecessary stress and damage to your hair and scalp.
As long as you take care of your hair and your hair extensions, you will be good to go.